Shadowgun: DeadZone is a free online action game where you play against players from all over the world.
This game features 2 game modes:
- Death-match: in this mode you fight on your own on one of the 6 maps available, and your goal is to kill as many players as possible before someone kills you. If you're killed, then you must wait 5 seconds before you can be regenerated.
- Zone Control: in this one, you fight in a team of players on one of the 6 available maps, which differ from the maps in the Deathmatch mode. This mode requires you to play more strategically, because you need to capture spawn points, and the number of time players can spawn is limited to 150 for each team. To win, you and your team will need to either capture all spawn points, or kill 150 enemies before the opponents do. If you're killed, you need to wait for 10 seconds before spawning at the spawn point that you team currently controls.
At the beginning, Deathmatch mode is the only mode you can play, because Zone Control is reserved for players with the rank of 5 or higher.
After each match you earn experience and money, the amount of which depends on the number of players you have killed during the match. You'll also earn some bonus experience points and money, if you turn up as one of the best players at the end of a match. After you have collected enough experience points, you'll rank up.
With the money that you collected you can buy new weapons and perks. Yet, all characters and some perks cost Gold, the virtual currency of this game, which you can only obtain by paying real money or winning at the casino - you get one free chip every day for playing.
While playing this game I came across several issues: starting from the rank of 20, it becomes possible to play against players that are better armored and, generally, more experienced. Moreover, the localization of this game is terrible: if you want to play with menu in your native language, then I would advise you don't - it is poorly translated.
Finally, the graphics are not very good either: people who are used to playing games with stunning graphics will be disappointed; the game was originally developed for mobile devices.
In conclusion, Shadowgun: DeadZone is a good game that you can play for free. Although players can pay real money to get perks, you can still enjoy the game without paying, because paying doesn't really get you any decisive advantages.
- Many different characters, weapons, and perks
- 12 different maps
- 2 game modes
- Ranks, allowing to show to others how good you are
- Sometimes you may have to face higher-ranked players with better armor
- Poor localization (English language is good but others are deplorable)
- Graphics are not perfect